-->

Parent-Child Project - Chinese New Year Lantern

Date: 17 January 2013 (Thursday)
Subject: CNY Parent-Child Project
Racia is 5 years, 10 months and 2 weeks old today!

We completed our first Parent Child Project today!

Racia's school has requested that we complete a parent-child project for Chinese New Year this year. We were tasked to do a CNY ornament of our choice for contribution to the school as CNY decoration for the school.

So today, Racia and I sat down after dinner to complete our Chinese red packet lantern. I had been doing research on the Internet to learn how to do it and earlier today, i even went down to Kovan early to pick up some special materials for our project. They included extra red packets, embellishments like tassels, beads, flowers etc.

It was a fun session but I think Racia is not super interested in doing such crafts. It was our time trying out this complex design! Nevertheless, I am quite proud of our end product! Take a look at the  photos below.

Our supplies

All read to start
Such pretty tassels

My plastic flower embellishments

Hard at work

Smile for the camera

The finished product - We took 30 mins to do this!

I helped mummy with this lantern!

Got inspired to do another one. This my fortune pineapple  lantern

Huat ah!



0 comments:



My Princess

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Breast Feeding ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers