-->

First Day of School - Star Tots Playgroup

Date: 2 January 2013 (Wednesday)
Subject: Tricia's first day of school at Star Tots Playgroup
Tricia is 1 year, 7 months, 1 week and 6 days old today

Tricia started playschool at Star Tots Playgroup today!

This is a 2 hour programme from 9:30am to 11:30am daily.
The school uses the RC Center located at the next block (Which makes this super convenient for MIL to bring her to school every morning).

As this is the first week of school, school hours will be from 9:30am to 10:30am these three days. Parents are also allowed to be around during these 3 days of orientation.

Tricia woke up at 9am today, just in time for me to get her ready and for school.
After her morning milk, I dressed her up and we were ready to go. We reached the centre at 9:30am. We were early as there was only one other children in the centre when we arrived.

As I stepped into the centre, Tricia cried immediately. She seems to sensed that we were going to do something different this morning and she was frightened. She cried so hard that Teacher J had a hard time taking her temperature and could not get her to open her mouth to check her tongue.

I carried her into the small room and let her sat on one of the tables with toys. She was still very unhappy and was very wary of her surrounding. She sat real still on the chair and refused to move. Even when the other children wanted to come near her to play, she ignored them.

She warmed up really slowly. When it was time to keep the toys, she did quite well. She could listen and follow instructions and could put the toys back into the nets. Mrs Tan (Assistant teacher) even taught her how to zip up the mesh bags with toys.

She sat down quietly on my lap during the briefing session and when it was singing time, she sat by herself on the floor with the other children. By the time Teacher J finished the two songs (Hello song and Teacup song), it was time to go home. As usual, she waved bye bye enthusiastically and without hesitation.

Teacher J commented that its normal for her to cry as she is the youngest in this class. I am quite keen to see how she will react tomorrow and also quite worried about how she will cope next week.

It was a tiring day for her, she was so hungry that she asked for lunch immediately when we came home and took a 3.5hr nap in the afternoon.

Overall, it was not an easy first day for her, I hope she will get used to the routine quickly and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will not cry too hard next week.

Up at 9am ready to go to school

Mummy requested for pictures before we head out

As mummy did not collect my uniform in time, I am going to school in my own clothes!

So happy!

Peek-a-boo with Rila

Tricia seems to be asking "Mummy, can Rila bear go to school with me?"


Getting her bag and ready to go

"Do I have to carry my own bag"

"Oh no, Where are we? Why is mummy stopping here?"

A picture in front of my new school!

Eyes all swollen after crying

Still super unhappy even with so many toys!

Sat so still and refused to move!

Warming up slowly

 

Holding tight to my bowl and spoon!

With my new friend Pravthi

Warming up slowly

Mummy.. ah!

Tricia says "Yumz"

I found a yummy looking drumstick

Pretend yummy!

Finally I see her smile!

Teacher J and Mrs Tan teaching the children how to keep the toys!

She understands and could do as instructed

Performing the task really well

So serious when keeping the toys

Mrs Tan teaching her how to zip up the mesh bag

School is tough!

Sitting down for Singing and Song time

Birthday corner (Mummy will pass Tr J my photo tomorrow)

One corner of my small classroom

The other corner

All ready to go home - flying kiss to Tr J!

And a Bye Bye wave too!

Tricia says " First day of school is super tough!"

Tricia says " Can't wait to go home!"

Tricia says " Lets go Mummy! I want to go home now."




3 comments:



Jennings said...

Great Blog.Tricia looks awesome in all the pictures.Keep the good work going.
Regards
PreSchool

Unknown said...

Awesome blog! Thank you for sharing! It's very helpful to me :-)

Unknown said...

Very nice sharing! thanks,
btw, may I know which star tots is that? in which area? I am staying bedok, i guess bedok one the class not that spacious. the class in your pictures looks quite spacious.

My Princess

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Breast Feeding ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers