-->

Racai's First Day of School!

Subject: First Day of School!
Date: 05 January 2010 (Tuesday)
Racia is 2 years 10 months and today


Racia started her first day of pre-nursery at the Paya Lebar Methodist Church Convenant Kindergarten today - This was a day late as we only got back from Hong Kong yesterday.

She looks really great in her new uniform with her new Disney school bag (with her name embroidered on it),her new mickey water bottle (with a strap as advised by the school) and of course new white school shoes. Thank goodness I bought the shoes a couple of days before we left for our Hong Kong trip otherwise, Racia will not have proper white shoes for school!
It is a pair of white adidas and cost $30. (I could not find any white shoes in her size and had to resort to looking for them in a sport shop!)

All was well when we reached the school. She even walked into the classroom by herself playing with the toys. We thought she would adapt well.

Soon, form teacher Mrs Sabai close the door and we waited outside. 30 minutes later, the doors open for the class to proceed to the music room. All the children walked out holding the donut ring but I found Racia missing from the group. It turned out that she was crying so badly that one of the teacher had to carry her. She lunged towards me when she saw me and refused to let go. I had to accompany her to the music room where she was sobbing non stop and refused to participate in the song and dance.

After music class, I dropped her off in the classroom again. She was crying and refused to let go. Xiao Lao Shi asked me to leave her as it will be easier for her adapt without seeing me there. I left her crying there. 10 minutes later when i peeped in, she was no longer crying, and in fact was participating and she even eating the biscuits/snacks given to her. I did noticed that she sticks very closely with Mrs Loh, the class assistant, she was always holding her hands. This is good as Mrs Loh is is a really patient and loving teacher and i do see her giving Racia hugs every now and then to reassure her.

The class ended 30 minutes earlier at 10:30am and i was so glad Racia walked out without crying.

My baby and us survived a tough first day of school!!

I am keeping my fingers cross for no crying tomorrow.

Some information on Racia's class below -
Racia's class: Shalom 1 (pre-nursery)
Time: 8am to 10:50am
Form Teacher: Mrs Sabai / Xiao Lao Shi
Assistant: Mrs Loh
Monday, Wednesday and Friday : Sports Days (in Sport attire)
Tuesday and Thursday : Regular Classes (in Pinafore)

Enjoy the photos of her 1st day of school:

I just changed her into her new uniform!

With her bags, all ready to go!


I asked her to pose for me again

We have reached the school and daddy was walking in with her

With daddy at the school compound

Her class room, the lady in white (left) is Xiao Lao Shi

When she reached the class, she ran in to play with the foams

See Racia scooping away with the rest of the kids!
Soon the doors closed and while waiting, i took some photos of the school. All parents are not allowed in the class by Day2 and so we all had to wait outside.

Outside her classroom

Her class - Shalom 1

Such a pretty sign!

We need to prepare a pair of sandals for waterplay days!

The coupe cars, tricycles, buggies at the outdoor play area

The outdoor play area is huge!

The school facade.

Racia was sobbing away after music class.
I asked her to hold her friend Charlotte's hand


Kids at play at the outdoor play area

Another picture of her classroom.
As the doors were all shut tight and windows closed, i came up with a ingenious way to check out what was happening in class. I raised my camera and started shooting blindly in the class.. these are the photos i captured of Racia in class.

Racia was standing next to Mrs Loh (Her favourite teacher so far)

Here Mrs Loh asked her to hold her hands.

Here she is sitting on a chair with her school bag

Looking at Mrs Loh and she seems all ready to go home.

I caught a picture of her sitting next to the door waiting to go home.

With daddy after class

Racia says "School is Good!" (Thumbs up!)

I made her pose for me here
(The door behind was where she came out after class)


Finally Racia says "First day of school is tough!"

0 comments:



My Princess

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Breast Feeding ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers